Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Year and New Techniques

2013 - I want to do a better job of keeping up on this blog this year.  I'm working on a new art journal and some new techniques.  Here is a new one for you.  I made these steampunk bookmarks for my brother-in-law.  I made one for him last fall and he loved it and asked for more.

I ran plain cardstock through my Xyron machine then layed in onto a sheet of aluminum foil.  This gave me a metallic piece that can be used for all kinds of embellishments.  I trimmed the paper to tag size then ran them through my Cuttlebug using the Gear Box strip embossing folder,  This gives great texture for embellishing with more "guy" stuff, like clock gears and washers.  I layered small pieces of the aliminum paper and used metal embossing tools to replicate metal joins.  Alcohol inks added color. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment