Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love and Listening

Love is above all, the gift of oneself.   Jean Anouilh

from For Today, February 12
In order to give the gift of myself, I need to see how I have been avoiding it.  There are two ways of doing this.  One is to feel that I am worth nothing, that no one would want me.  The other is to make it clear that you ought to recognize how wise I am and follow my advice.  Both are protective shells; neither is the best I can give.  Giving of myself means giving quality time - listning to another without thinking of what I will say next; listening without giving advice; listening with energy and care; listenng so intently as to forget myself.  It is in that instant that I give myself to another.

                                                                  @>-->-->-----

No comments:

Post a Comment