Friday, February 25, 2011

Peace

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  Not as the world gives do I give it to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.  John 14:27

I have been troubled and afraid lately.  I have journaled, gone to meetings, attended Mass, called my sponsor and friends, completed 10th steps, had a written food plan, daily 'to do' lists, read inspiring literature...why am I still afraid, and overeating?

Be still and know that I am God.   Psalm 46:10

I have been so busy trying to fix things myself and frantically using all the tools I could think of to make things better...EXCEPT be still...sit with God...quiet my mind and be with God...pray whiule just being in the present moment...meditate. 

I will find no peace or serenity until I do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment